Healthier Outcomes for New Mexico FamiliesSupporting the provision of high-quality, respectful, community-based perinatal care
The New Mexico Perinatal Collaborative is a nonprofit and coalition of multidisciplinary perinatal care experts dedicated to improving the health of New Mexico’s pregnant people, infants, and birthing families through the identification and sharing of best practices and resources. Our work focuses on strategies that reduce known barriers to quality improvement.
The NM Perinatal Collaborative envisions statewide health equity through the provision of safe, high-quality, and respectful reproductive, perinatal and neonatal care for New Mexico families.
The mission of the New Mexico Perinatal Collaborative is to convene stakeholders to achieve health equity and high-quality outcomes through the promotion of evidence-based reproductive, perinatal and neonatal healthcare practices that
- Facilitate collaboration with communities and across healthcare disciplines
- Focus on quality improvement strategies
- Empower healthcare teams statewide to offer the highest quality care
- Ensure provision of holistic and culturally respectful care.
NMPC Board Membership
The Board of the NM Perinatal Collaborative works with the staff to guide the organization’s planning, program development, and resource allocation. Our mission is to achieve health equity and high-quality outcomes through the promotion of evidence-based reproductive, perinatal, and neonatal healthcare practices throughout the state, in collaboration with communities and across healthcare disciplines. Applications for board membership are accepted year-round.
NMPC Executive Committee
Kimberly Gililland, DNP, RNC-OB, Presbyterian Medical Services, Clinic RN – Alamogordo, Tularosa, CloudcroftPresident
Janis Gonzales, MD, MPH, FAAP, / Chief Health Officer, Office of the Secretary, ECECDImmediate Past President
Ellen Interlandi, BSN, MHM, RN, NE-BC, Clinical Consultant, NM Hospital AssociationSecretary
Gillian Burkhardt, MD, Assistant Professor, UNM, Department of OB/GYNTreasurer
Board of Directors
- Erin Lorencz - MD, FACOG, Gallup Indian Medical Center
- Octavia Djanquaye - MSN, RNC-OB, Nurse Manager, Family Birthing Center, Presbyterian Santa Fe Medical Center
- Abigail Reese - CNM, PhD, Maternal & Child Health, New Mexico Department of Health
- Heather Pratt-Chavez - MD, General Pediatrics, Associate Professor, University of New Mexico Hospital
- Jennifer Anderson - MD, Presbyterian Hospital General Neonatology
- Jenna White, MD - Emergency Medicine Specialist, University of New Mexico Hospital
- Monica Esparza - CLC, Executive Director, New Mexico Breastfeeding Taskforce
- Pilar Sanjuan - PhD, Research Assistant Professor, Center on Alcohol, Substance Use & Addictions
- Francheska Gurule - MD, Family & Community Medicine, Milagro Program, University of New Mexico Hospital
- Shauna McCosh - CNM, FNP, La Clinica Health & Birth Center, Gila Regional Medical Center